The aims and objectives for which ISRPT is established are as under:
- To foster and disseminate the science of drug research and its rational use.
- For advancement of Clinical Pharmacology in the country.
- To develop and suggest contemporary changes in curriculum and syllabus for Medical Undergraduate and Postgraduate students in Pharmacology.
- To provide expertise for conducting and monitoring Clinical trials in India.
- To foster the culture of Pharmacovigilance in the country.
- To empower the patients / public in safe use of drugs/medicines (Patient advocacy).